Currently, the condition of Indonesian forest is quiet poor due to, among others, high annual deforestation rate which is not in compare with the acceleration of implementations on forest and land rehabilitation activities including re-greening, reforestation and reclamation activities conducted by many parties such as government, private sectors and cornmunities. The condition is worsened by the occurrence of forest and land fires in many places which lead to significant decline of biodiversity. In Mount Ciremai National Park (MCNP), forest fire is the main cause of deforestation. The records of forest fire occurrence are very important in forest fire control, because it provides the origin and causes of forest fire. Without knowing the cause of forest fire accurately, forest fire control activities may not be implemented optimally. Therefore, identification on factors of forest fire causes shall be conducted in detail in order to effectively decrease the rate of forest fire.
This research was conducted on July to August 2008 in Mount Ciremai National Park, West Java. The method implemented was qualitative approach that can be considered as triangle method covering intensive interview, field/direct observation, document tracking and secondary data analysis.
The research results show that all forest fire occurred in Mount Ciremai National Park is caused by human factor, both directly and indirectly. On direct factors, forest fire is caused by land clearing using fire for agricultural purposes and fire ignited by irresponsible person. Indirect factors mainly due to social jealousy and human activities in the enclave. In addition, some other factors that influence the occurrence of forest fire in MCNP were also found, among others are fuel, topography, hydrology, weather, climate, time of occurrence, decision making process, lack of warning and forbidden boards, awareness of local communities and related private sectors.
Key words: Forest Fire, Direct Factors, Indirect Factors
Unduh file pdf disini
- Pendugaan Parameter Demografi Monyet Ekor Panjang (Macaca Fascicularis Raffles 1821) di Situ Sangiang Taman Nasional Gunung Ciremai
- Study Pengembangan Obyek Wisata Alam Lembah Cilengkrang Taman Nasional Gunung Ciremai
- Analisis Keputusan Bupati Kuningan Nomor 430/Kpts.213 – Tentang Penunjukan Dinas Pariwisata Dan Kebudayaan Sebagai Pengelola Objek Dan Daya Tarik Wisata (ODTWA) Ditinjau Dari Peraturan Pemerintah Nomor 18 Tahun 1994 Tentang Pengusahaan Pariwisata Alam Di Zona Pemanfaatan Taman Nasional, Taman Hutan Raya, Dan Taman Wisata Alam
- Pengaruh Atraksi Wisata Terhadap Motivasi Berkunjung Wisatawan di Kawasan Wisata Alam Telaga Remis Kabupaten Kuningan
- Identifikasi Sumber Pakan Kelelawar Pemakan Buah Dan Nektar Sub Ordo Megachiroptera Berdasarkan Analisis Pollen Di Kawasan Taman Nasional Gunung Ciremai
- Sebaran Spasial Jejak Aktivitas Babi Hutan (Sus scrofa Linnaeus 1758) di Taman Nasional Gunung Ciremai
- Ekplorasi Jenis-jenis Pohon dan Tumbuhan Bawah Sekitar Air di Kawasan Taman Nasional Gunung Ciremai BKSDA Jawa Barat II
- Perilaku Wisatawan Dalam Memelihara Kebersihan Lingkungan (Studi Hubungan Antara Pengetahuan Dan Sikap Dengan Perilaku Wisatawan Di Kawasan Wisata Alam Lembah Cilengkrang Taman Nasional Gunung Ciremai Kabupaten Kuningan Jawa Barat)
- Similaritas Morfologi Katak Yang Ditemukan Di Sisi Timur Taman Nasional Gunung Ciremai
- Pengelolaan Satwa Primata Surili Prebytis Comata Di Taman Nasional Gunung Ciremai SPTN I Dan SPTN II